Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Bah, humbug!


Earlier in the year, my sister Modine invited me to come spend Christmas this year in her home. She has 4 children and 5 grandchildren. Having gotten closer to them over the last several years, I was delighted and began to look forward to it.

Mind you, I have not "celebrated" Christmas in over 20 years now. Not that I disapprove, it's just that I don't believe in the commercialization of Christmas and all the folderol that goes along with it. I've moved so far away from the (incorrect) theology about Christmas of my childhood that I would probably have to be classified as "post-Christian."

But it would have been fun to be around all the kiddies at Christmas and let the fun of the past be present once again. Anyway, this weekend, Modine's family celebrated a relative's birthday and the whole family was there.

Merry Christmas!!

Bro. Hardy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home