Sunday, April 15, 2012

Living in a retirement community is certainly an interesting experience.  We have residents ranging in age from 62 to 103!  Too many people to really get to know and since I enjoy my little nest - my own private apartment so much, I hardly get out to any of the activities that are provided for residents.  However, I really do miss having a direct access to the outside.  Now, I have to walk down a hall, take an elevator to the first floor before I can go outside.  However, there are large windows that make it seem like I am outside when the weather permits their being open.  That helps.  Otherwise, all I need is handy and since I am still driving, I can get to where I want to go quite easily.  There is a community (gay) gathering place (a bar) just a mile "down the road a piece" as it is said in the deep south and that affords some interaction with my own community.  However, I hardly get there unless I have out of town company.  Attached is a picture of my home building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home